Brim's Fireballs


Image Copyright Taquitos

Food and I stopped at the dollar store for a little R and R in the air-conditioning, to gawk at the colorful customers and scout out strange things to buy and eat. We walked out with Harry Potter glasses, a Windex-flavored drink, and these.

I had seen Brim's stuff on Taquitos, and I was intrigued. I love things in cans, and I live for cheese balls. We opened them up in the car, prompting the ever-popular "balls between my legs" joke that we carried on for another hour or so.

They are bright red and take on the appearance of those old Cheetos asteroids, the hot flavored ones. They don't smell very hot. On the outside of the box is a passage from Isaiah, which we liked considering it's a product that calls itself fiery cheese-flavored balls.

They tasted like packing peanuts with hot sauce, but weren't really hot. If you wanted heat, you had to eat a lot of them, which Food stopped, because he said it was gross-looking to watch me try and eke the hot out of the balls.

Ha ha. Balls.

There wasn't much flavor, except the occasional change in texture with a hard corn thing. Nothing special. Brim's website has the usual subsections- products, news, and ETERNAL LIFE. And sweet and spicy pork cracklins'. Their flavors fascinate me. I want more.

I long to live in the South.

2/10- CRAP

Labels: , ,