Talenti Banana Chocolate Swirl Gelato

Okay, full disclosure, I'm not much of a fruit person, although I will tolerate fruit-flavored things. Raspberry jalapeno hot sauce? Absolutely. Actual raspberries? Not so much. Sign me up for Banana Runts, peach ice cream, and rainbow sherbet, but you can leave the rest behind. I'm trying to get better at this, and Talenti came out with a new flavor at the perfect time and sent over some coupons for me to try. While I couldn't find their elusive Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, I did find Chocolate Banana Swirl. Like lemon ice cream, banana ice cream is far and few between, and I thought it would be interesting to get Talenti's take on a banana gelato.
Well, they've done it again. This is a great ice cream if you like the flavor and crunch of frozen chocolate-covered bananas but without the phallic element. It had a fresh, creamy banana scent and flavor, very persistent when scooped right out of the container. I didn't feel like this tasted artificial or weak at all. It definitely had the sweet ripeness of a mashed banana but with a silkier, more indulgent feel. And it's very attractive- look at those swirls!
Bananas were the second ingredient in the ice cream, a choice that shows as soon as the pint is opened. With Talenti, a little goes a long way, and the strength of the flavor makes even a spoonful indulgent and satisfying.
With the little chocolate chips and ribbons of chocolate swirl, admittedly indistinct before melting but crunchy as an add-in, this tasted identical to the chocolate chip banana bread my mother used to make- fluffy and sweet with a delicate chocolate touch. Of course, I couldn't help but mix a little peanut butter in, as that's one of my favorite combinations.
Perhaps not the most visually appealing, but equally delicious and even tastier with the crunch from the peanuts. Talenti has created another winner, and I can't wait to see what they do with chocolate and peanut butter. Yum!

Labels: , , ,