Tabasco Buffalo Style Hot Sauce

My life is flaming right now. And I don't mean in a listening to Elton John more than usual, leather jacket wearing, pompadour sort of way, because that would imply that I hadn't already been doing those things. Ahem. What I mean is that things are coming together all at once and the hours in the day just aren't feeling long enough. Cooking, blogging, and overall enjoyment of life have been pushed aside for finals preparation and LSAT cramming, as well as the ensuing therapy that comes with both, and I've barely had time to eat a full meal on an honest-to-goodness table, as opposed to the pile of papers that typically serve as my plate, much less prepare one for Miss Love and I. Imagine my joy when the newest sauce from Tabasco came to the house today- Buffalo style, no less. Easy to use and easy to enjoy...or was it?
I was initially skeptical, but then again, due to the aforementioned LSAT prep, I've been initially skeptical about everything I've been doing lately. Reading traffic signs. Watching television. Even a simple question from Miss Love about dinner will elicit a stern discussion about whether or not her suppressed premise includes not wanting to eat chicken for the sixth night in a row and determine if her argument to do so is structurally flawed.  
So reading on a package that something is "Buffalo style" rather than "Buffalo" in name gets my brain racing. And calorie-free Buffalo to boot- now that's something to tweet about.
 Luckily, my fears were for naught. While I was initially put off by the scent, a combination of regular Tabasco and an underlying nose of spicy musk, as well as its ability to tattoo the skin with its signature orange brand, a sure sign that tells everyone you see that you're well on your way to obesity and are proud of it, the flavor carefully mimicked buffalo wings without the usage of butter. Or witchcraft.
It's less spicy than Tabasco but spicy enough to leave a good tingle on the lips and tasted amazing with our homemade chicken patties. It's also thicker than regular Tabasco, which makes it easy to toss wings or chicken pieces in and not have to worry about the sauce dripping off. It's got a good texture and easily adheres. This will definitely be a key player in our dinner condiment lineup.

Labels: , , ,